Rules [updated 12-20-17] Mar 1, 2016 20:18:58 GMT -6
Post by Uruviel on Mar 1, 2016 20:18:58 GMT -6
Below are the rules for roleplaying in Anikira. Please be sure to review them frequently, as the staff will make changes from time to time. We will usually note this in the announcements, but you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with them!
Anikira is an advanced, non-content restrictive roleplaying forum. This means that all content, with varying levels of violence, sexual context, and language are acceptable. The staff will not attempt to regulate your writing in these fashions. Be aware that for certain degrees of content, you will be required to add a warning to your thread names to alert other members who may not wish to read this content. See the below rules for further explanation.
Everything under this category is common knowledge and should be known well. Anyone breaking rules in this section is subject to disciplinary action by the staff.
1. Basic rules of realistic, advanced roleplays apply. No desperatism, no god-modding, and no power-playing without the permission of the character’s owner. You cannot be mates with your own character.
2. No metagaming. You cannot use out of character information (say something you both put together in a plot before you started role-playing or something the other member wrote their character thinking to themselves about) in character. Basically, just because you know something out of character or about the character you are role-playing with, it does not mean that your character knows it as well.
3. Literacy is required. This means proper grammar, writing out numbers, correct spelling, and good content. If a bio does not appear to be up to our literacy standards, the staff will probably contact you about taking part in our RP School. We would love to help you learn and improve your writing while still keeping Anikira literate advanced.
4. We require that all in character posts be three hundred (300) words or longer. Posts under this amount may indicate that the site is too advanced for you.
5. Please do not post in character until a staff member has reviewed and accepted your biography.
We ask that you set up some simple things on your account to make roleplaying easier for the rest of us.
1. Your first account should be your out of character account. This account will be your primary hub for your character plotting pages, private messages, graphics stores, requests and more! Please post ALL non-IC posts from this account. There are separate fields for these accounts so that you can indicate what types of plots or characters you are willing to participate in with others. Please only use these fields on your out of character account and reserve the wolf fields for your in character accounts.
2. You must have separate accounts for each of your characters and use the wolf's name as the account name. Capitalize the first letter and include no extra symbols. If possible, keep your username the same as your wolf's name so that it is easier for individuals to tag you in posts.
3. Each person is allotted three free wolves. However, if you keep all three of your characters active for a month, you are entitled to a fourth free character. Additional characters can be purchased in the store. Wolves received through contests are considered extra characters and do not count against your three wolf total. They do, however, count against your total when purchasing slots.
4. Signature images may be no larger than 500 x 200 pixels. You are allowed to have multiple signatures, however they are not to exceed 200 pixels in overall height. EXCEPTION: Site-provided or prior approved tiny banners (ie Pupslosion or Anikira Veteran banners) are exempt. If you wish to have a larger image, this is also available in the store. Advertising banners are not allowed; if you wish to advertise on the site, please post it on the Advertising board.
5. Please keep your avatar image 150 x 150 pixels with a 1px border around the edge. If the image you wish to use is not already this size, a staff member or certain other members will be happy to do so for you. We ask that you only have pictures of wolves and do not put text on your avatar.
Bio Creation Rules
1. When creating your wolf, please leave the form in its current format. We have set it up in such a way to keep all the biographies uniformed, and so that it is simple for others to find information about your character. The biography form is automatically inserted into the thread when you create it.
2. As a semi-realistic site, we only accept realistic wolf photographs as the reference images (no drawings, digital art, etc).
3. Make sure you have the character account information filled out with the wolf's image and stats as well as a link to the bio before requesting for a character to be reviewed for acceptance. This makes roleplaying with that character much easier for the rest of us.
4. To keep lone wolf character numbers down, and pack numbers up, Anikira has placed a restriction on the number of "Loner" characters a member may have. For every three characters you own, only one may have the title of "Loner". If you only have two characters, one must belong to a pack.
5. All pack joining is done in character, and this is at the discretion of the alpha wolves of the respective packs.
6. In order to have your character accepted, you will need to complete the mini-profile information regarding your character's breed, size, eye and fur colors.
7. Repeated for importance: Please do not post in character until a staff member has reviewed and accepted your biography.
1. Anikira does not restrict its content to any particular rating level. We do adapt the RPG Rating System to forum content in order to allow members to filter their preferred content level. Please see rpgrating.com/ for further explanation.
2. Any thread that exceeds a 2 on the scale for any facet of the scale requires a warning on the thread in order to advise others of the content. Please use the appropriate warning on your thread as some members are not comfortable with explicit sexual content, however can tolerate strong language.
3. Threads including strong sexual content should include the tag [EXPLICIT].
4. Excessive violence should be tagged with [GRAPHIC].
5. Language should be used at the writer's discretion. If you feel the content exceeds what you feel should be common reading, please be sure to note the thread with a [LANGUAGE] warning.
6. If a thread adheres to one or more of these tags, please just label the thread with a general [MATURE] tag.
There are a few simple guidelines for your posts. Please be sure to review this and ask questions if there is anything you do not understand.
1. All posts (and biographies) should be written in third person past tense. There should be no I, you, me, etc. involved in your writing.
2. All character speech must be bold and all thoughts italicized. Coloring speech and thoughts is not an exception to this rule.
3. Please keep the topic names reasonable. We don’t want obscene thread names floating around the site, and if we see them, they will be deleted.
4. If you choose to use a posting table, make sure the images do not stretch the board. Anything wider than about 500 px will stretch the board and make it unsightly.
5. The forum automatically resizes text to size one. We ask that you leave the font size for the bulk of your post alone, although you are more than welcome to have header or footer text. You may also center, blockquote, etc. your posts.
Liquid Time Rules
Liquid time is allowed, however it comes with limitations.
1. Each character is limited to 4 threads. Alpha and beta characters are permitted additional thread slots above the allotted four (4) limit, given that these extra threads are strictly for pack regulation (accepting members, holding meetings, etc).
2. Wolves should not be in two areas of the map at once. General rules of thumb for location:
— You may have threads in any locations within the same territory
— You may have threads in neighboring territories, as long as the locations the threads are in are relatively near each other (ex: Rixetun Plains and Aleos Prairie would be allowed; Rodar Peak and Nirav Beach would not)
— If all your threads are wrapped up, your character is free to “reappear” in a different area of the map, as long as the thread is set far enough after your last thread that the character could have reasonably traveled that distance in that time
3. You must have a timeline in mind for your threads, meaning you need to know when each thread occurs in relation to the others and make sure your character does not know things from “future” threads. Going “back in time” is allowed. You can create a thread that is supposed to happen before an already existing thread, as long as you and the person/people you are threading with know when it happened in relation to your other threads.
4. Final word of caution: BE CAREFUL OF METAGAMING. Make sure you know what your character knows and doesn’t know in each thread/at each point in time.
Individual Activity Rules
Activity Checks happen on the first of every month.
1. To qualify as an “active” character, each character must have at least 1 post per month.
2. If a character does not meet the minimum activity requirement for 3 consecutive months, the account will be deleted and the character will be considered deceased and unrecoverable.
3. There are times you might not have muse for a specific character or people have not responded to your posts in a timely enough manner for you to get out all of your posts, and that is understandable and expected. You can opt to protect a character for a month for every 5 active (not frozen) characters you have, the month that they are protected will not count against them for activity standards. Characters cannot be protected this way twice in a row. Make sure you have messaged the names of the characters you wish to protect to Kate BEFORE the 1st of the month.
(If you have 5 characters, you can protect 1. If you have between 6 and 10, you can protect 2. Between 11 and 15 you can protect 3, etc.)
Frozen Character Rules
1. If you do not plan on roleplaying a character for a while, either for plot reasons or OOC reasons, you can opt to freeze them. Frozen characters are not subject to activity requirements, but also cannot post.
2. Slots are frozen along with the characters and cannot be reused until the character is deceased.
3. To freeze a character, please PM a staff member and link them to that character’s bio. The bio will be moved to the Frozen board and the account will be moved to the Frozen group and disabled.
4. You can have up to 3 frozen characters for your first 5, and up to 2 more for every additional 5 characters. Ex: at 10 characters, you can have 5 frozen; at 15 characters, you can have 7 frozen; etc.
5. Characters can stay frozen for up to 2 years before being considered deceased.
1. Absence notes can and should be written at any time that you know you will be absent from the site for multiple days (going on vacation, internet is out, exam week, etc) or that you know activity will be spotty (general life busyness, etc). It is out of courtesy to those you are threading with, so they know they might be waiting longer for replies from you.
2. Any characters you are threading with should be tagged in your absence note and the expected return date MUST be posted in the thread title.
3. If you are unable to be on site for an entire month, as long as you have an absence not covering that time, that month will not count against you for activity standards. If you do not post an absence note or at least inform a staff member and your characters do not meet minimum activity requirements, it will be considered an inactive month.
4. The maximum length of an absence note is 3 months. If you post an extended absence, rule #4 does not apply to your characters for one month after the absence expires.
5. If you wish to extend an absence, please update a current absence thread; do not create another. The date in the subject must be updated, and a reply must be made to the thread stating that it is being extended.
Essentially, this note is only to be used if the regular absence note will not cover you.
1. If you are taking a break from the site and from posting entirely, for a period of longer than 3 months, post a hiatus in the Absence board.
2. No return date is required in the subject line. Simply include “hiatus” in your subject line.
3. You are expected to tag every character you were threading with to inform them that those threads are over and should be archived.
4. While on hiatus, all your characters are considered frozen for a maximum of 2 years. This means they will not be subjected to activity requirements or activity checks, however they will be removed from board stats, from pack stats/ranks, and might have their account(s) deleted after a few months, however, they may be brought back within the 2 year period and ranks within a pack may be returned/must be negotiated with the alpha.
5. Post 2 years, if you return, your old characters will be considered deceased and you will need to start over with new characters.
6. The moment you make an IC post with any of your characters or recreate an account for a character that has been cleared, your hiatus is considered over and activity checks will resume as normal.
Pack Activity Rules
1. A pack must have 3 active members at all times. For this rule, an “inactive member” is one who is frozen or whose player is on hiatus or extended absence. If there are fewer than 3 active members, the pack is dissolved.
2. A pack must have an active alpha or an active stand-in for the alpha at all times. If the player of an alpha is going on absence, another member of the pack that is willing and able to take over the responsibilities should be tagged in the absence post. If that member goes on absence, they must tag another member, and so on and so forth. If there is not at least one wolf named that is able to perform the alpha responsibilities for the pack after 30 days, the pack dissolves.
3. A pack must have 3 active threads per territory claim each month to maintain the claim. Any territory without 3 active threads becomes claimable again on a first-come-first-served basis. An active thread is one with 2+ posts from the month in question.
4. After losing a territory due to activity, you have 7 days to reclaim a territory before the claim point(s) expire. After 7 days, if you wish to expand your pack, you must purchase the claim points to do so.
With the arrival of new life, there are certain things that need to be handled. Please consult this section if you are considering a litter of pups.
1. Pack wolves are at the mercy of their alphas. It is up to the individual alphas to decide whether their pack members are allowed to mate or not.
2. Forced breeding is allowed. However, it must be discussed out of character between the two users before hand.
3. The administrator will pick the number of pups born in a litter based on breed stats and other factors. There is only a 1/3 chance that pups will be conceived in any given litter. If either parent has reproductive problems, this chance goes to 1/6 or 1/9. The parents get to pick the genders and appearances. However, the pups can only inherit traits from their parents or relatives.
4. There are no set rules on assigning adopters to pups. The roleplayers of the parent wolves have sole discretion on how these pups are adopted and who adopts them.
5. Each wolf involved in a mating thread must have a minimum of 25 in character posts in order to conceive offspring.
6. Pups age at a rate of two months per month for the first six months. They then cease aging and remain at one year of age until they reach their second birthday (2 years out of character from their birth date). Pups will be playable one month after they are born, or at two months of age.
7. Biographies for pups must be posted before midnight on the night before they become playable. Any pup without a biography at this time will be considered deceased. Parents of pups may place a biography in the adoptables board and consider the pup still up for adoption at that time.
8. In order to be eligible to conceive pups, both the mother and the father characters must have at least 25 in character posts. If you have a character that was on the old site, please keep in mind these posts do still count.
Rules on Character Rights
1. Any character that is not an original character can be reclaimed by the original adopter(s) for up to a year after adoption if the character has been inactive without notice for a period of > 3 months.
2. Once a character has been adopted out, it is up to the player what happens to the character, including: death, pack changes, plot changes, relationship development, etc, even if the adoptable was given with a specific goal or plot in mind.
3. If a character that has been played IC is placed up for adoption (this includes any character that has at least one IC post, even OCs), the intellectual property of that character is also being placed up for adoption and the core of their bio may not change. If you are unwilling to allow someone else to use the bio you’ve written for a character, do not adopt them out.
•History can only be modified if the character being adopted is a pup and has not yet had their full 500 word history written.
•Personalities may only be reworded as the character develops with the new player IC, but the core points of the personality may not change.
Out of Character Rules
Although the majority of the board is geared towards roleplaying, there are certain out of character courtesies we expect.
1. A certain level of maturity is necessary to remain on this board. Although the minimum age to register is thirteen, we require members be at least fifteen years old to join unless they can demonstrate the necessary maturity level. It is at the staff's discretion to allow members to join below this age limit. Please note that the staff reserves the right to terminate membership due to unnecessary immaturity, rude behavior, and disrespect to the staff as well as other members regardless of age without warning.
2. Please treat the C-box with respect. We reserve the right to ban you from the C-box for any reason. This is a privilege and the staff does not have to justify why a ban has occurred. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a permanent ban.
3. Do not argue just for the sake of arguing. If you have a problem, please try to keep it to private messages. If there is a need for a staff member to get involved, feel free to contact any of us. We will be happy to help you with whatever you need.